The Sound of Music | Teen Ink

The Sound of Music

February 21, 2014
By Batman1618 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Batman1618 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not who you are underneath, It's what you do that defines you." -Rachel Dawes (Batman Begins)


“The hills are alive with the sound of music with songs they have sung for a thousand years.” Those are the famous lyrics from The Sound of Music that is one of the most popular movie musicals of all time, starring Julie Andrews,Christopher Plummer, and Peggy Wood. The antics of tomboyish Maria, a novice at the abbey in Salzburg, concern the Mother Abbess who is unsure whether Maria wants to become a nun or not. To allow Maria to test her feelings, Mother Abbess sends Maria to be the governess for the seven children Baron Georg von Trapp, a retired naval office. The seven children Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt Brigitta, Marta, Gretl are allowed greater freedom by Maria and teaches them to sing. Later on when Von Trapp is called back to active duty. The Captain wants nothing more to do with the Nazism and starts to make plans to take his family out of Austria to keep them all safe. From the Big screen to the Broadway the Sound of Music is ranked number 40 in the American Film Institute top 100 list. This movie is a musical. It takes a while to get to the main point of the story which is bringing people together. The Captain is just pushing everyone away and Maria is there to glue them together. The way that Maria is pushy is just annoying, you’ll never get anywhere in life if you are that pushy. If you like musicals and old movies in general then this is a great movie for you, but if you don’t then try to avoid this movie.