Precious | Teen Ink

Precious

December 2, 2013
By Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York
Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York
17 articles 1 photo 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Just Do It"
- Nike
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind"
- Ghandi


The movie is called Precious because Claireece goes by the name Precious and she thinks that life is precious. Precious means something that is extremely valuable to someone. For example, in the movie Precious, Claireece values school. She also values herself, but she doesn’t value her mother or her father. She doesn’t value them because they treat her like she’s dirt on the ground outside.


Precious has endured many hardships in her life. There were many negative events that had happened to her throughout the movie. For example, there was a scene where her father was having sex with Precious. This is called incest. Incest is where a relative of any kind has sex with another relative. Also, whenever something bad happens to Claireece, she automatically goes into “Fantasy Mode.”

Another negative event that happened to Precious was, her mother was always abusing Precious. For example, Precious’ mother was always throwing glass bottles at Precious’ head. Also, there was Precious’ father who was always raping Precious. Precious has two babies, one that’s normal and one that has Down Syndrome. Both of Precious’ babies were from Precious’ father.


Precious’ dad ends up dying from an HIV Virus. Now Precious has the same Virus as her dad. And might end up dead just like her daddy. Another negative event that happened to precious was when Precious was still living with her mother, got taken off from welfare. Another negative event was when Precious was still living with her mother was that Precious either dropped out or got kicked out of school, and now she has to get her G.E.D.



The final negative event that had happened to Precious was when she had her second baby. When she had gotten home from the Hospital her mother had asked her if she could hold her baby. When she was holding Precious’ baby, her mother dropped Precious’ baby and chucked a glass jar at Precious’ head. The two had gotten into a fight then Precious took her baby and she left.


The author's comments:
This peice is based on the movie "Precious"