A Bronx Tale | Teen Ink

A Bronx Tale MAG

Thisblockbuster hit kept me on the edge of my chair. The actors played excellentroles and the plot is intriguing. I first rented this film five years ago, and ithas kept my interest ever since, so I bought the tape.

"A BronxTale" chronicles the life of a nine-year-old named Calogero. Calogero istorn between two worlds: a life of crime dictated by high-ranking mob boss Sonny(Chazz Palminteri) and a life like his father's (Robert De Niro), who is anhonest hardworking bus driver.

Calogero is sucked into a life of crime atan early age. He witnesses Sonny, whom he idealizes, shoot and kill a man infront of his house in the Bronx. Calogero is questioned by the police but doesn'tmention Sonny, which makes Calogero and Sonny close friends.

As Calogerogrows older, Sonny grows in power and becomes a mob boss. Now Calogero must chosebetween earning respect like his father or commanding it like Sonny.

Froma movie connoisseur's perspective, this movie is deep, riveting, ingenious andall-in-all a first-rate film. Although it isn't for everyone (the language isvulgar and there's violence throughout), I recommend it to a mature audience.

i love this so much!