Radio movie review | Teen Ink

Radio movie review

Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., and Ed Harris
Release Date: Oct. 24, 03
Directed by: Michael Tollin
Running Time: 105 minutes
Rated: PG
Genre: Drama

For a heartwarming movie full of inspiration, Radio is the movie to see. This movie is about a mentally challenged young man, played by Cuba Gooding Jr., who has been very lonely throughout his life. A caring high school football coach, played by Ed Harris, notices his him and helps him out. He asks him to be his assistant coach. So Radio begins to work with the football team. Eventually they become best of friends. The other people at the school learn to appreciate and accept him.

The title of this movie, “Radio” is the man’s nickname. Radio got this name because of his love for radios. In almost every scenes Radio will have radio with him. It is rated PG and is great to share with the entire family. The movie’s message of accepting others for who they are is clear by the end of the movie. For people who are looking for a sentimental movie and a strong message, Radio is the movie to watch. I am giving this movie a 3 out of 5 rating. Although this movie is great, it could have included some humor. The entire movie has a serious tone throughout.