Eurotrip | Teen Ink

Eurotrip MAG

By Anonymous

     "Eurotrip" is a good but not great teenmovie that manages to overcome mediocrity by putting its crude, hormonalcharacters in a new, interesting setting. Scott Thomas (Scott Mechlowicz), anaverage teenager who plans on spending the summer after graduation with hisgirlfriend, unexpectedly gets dumped. To make matters worse, he learns theInternet penpal he just stopped emailing is a beautiful German woman, not theweird old man he believed. Intent on saving what could have been a greatrelationship, Scott joins his three best friends for a trip to Europe.

When they get there, the movie really picks up. Scotty had planned to gostraight to Berlin to visit the possible love of his life, but various mishapsoccur. The movie stereotypes almost everyone they run into, including a rowdyBritish group of drunken soccer hooligans and a Dutch Rastafarian. What makes thestereotypes tolerable is that they are very funny, especially Fred Armisen of"Saturday Night Live" as a character known as "Creepy ItalianGuy."

If you're a fan of teen comedies in the vein of "AmericanPie," you'll enjoy "Eurotrip," but if you are not, this will mostlikely be a disappointment.