Rush | Teen Ink

Rush

By Cissie SILVER, Seattle, Washington
Cissie SILVER, Seattle, Washington

"tender is the day the demons go away"

I went into the theater the other day with fair expectations. I heard that this was a good movie so I expected it to be good....and it totally was! In fact, it was awesome. The sound effects were incredible--the sound of the race cars revving up supplied tension in the air. You literally felt like you were watching the real thing: live race cars readying up and about to race off in your face.

Pertaining to the acting, I was especially impressed by Daniel Bruhl's impression of former race champion Niki Lauda. He made me believe it was him the real Niki the whole time. The accent and mannerisms he displyed were done very well, and I felt a great deal of emotion for him. As for Chris Hemsworth portraying James Hunt, I was also impressed. He played a good level of cockiness and arrogance to make James Hunt seem distinctive and real.
The two actors made the main conflict between their characters emotional as well as enjoyable.
And the directing? Another two thumbs up for Ron Howard!
Out of 10 stars, I give this film an 8.5. I definitely want to see this movie again.