Epic Movie | Teen Ink

Epic Movie MAG

“Epic Movie” sounds like a really cool title. From its previews, the average person would think, Wow! This seems like a pretty funny movie blending lots of great movies into one funny one. I thought so too, but was I wrong.

Before I blow holes in this film, I should tell you what it is about. Once upon a time there where four orphans named Edward, Peter, Lucy and Susan, all of whom were sick of their lives. One day they get hold of a golden ticket from a chocolate bar (similar to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”). On these tickets it reads something like, “You have been chosen to go on an epic adventure” (hence the title), and with that, the worst movie of 2007 begins.

“Epic Movie” is just one step below trash, sloppily throwing elements of pop culture and movie spoofs into a blender and setting it to liquify. Once blended, the producers force-feed you this slop of crude humor, leaving you with the horrible taste of a bad movie in your mouth.

Still, this movie is not total trash. It has its good parts, but they are few. If you watch it, I recommend you wait to rent it, but by then you could probably pick it up at a yard sale for 25 cents - that is how bad this movie is and forever will be.

i love this so much!

on Jun. 4 2014 at 9:39 pm
ShatteredHeArT SILVER, Americus, Georgia

LIFE offers us choices and forces us to live with the consequences of our decisions.

true it did get old but i liked it because it was funny.

. said...
on Jul. 26 2013 at 9:44 pm
Epic movie is not epic. Disaster movie is a disaster, and superhero movie...is somewhat super. Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs remain tobe the best parody movies in my mind.

reaver BRONZE said...
on Feb. 25 2011 at 1:26 pm
reaver BRONZE, Evenston, Illinois
this movie wasnt that bad

on Nov. 7 2010 at 11:37 am
HippieNamedAnna PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri

Let It Be-The Beatles
Music is the only thing that makes sense any more-Me
Make love, not war-a bunch of people
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have five fingers, The middle one's for you-Me :)

I loved this movie, but after the first few times of seeing it, it gets old and predictable.

zman1 PLATINUM said...
on Dec. 12 2009 at 1:51 pm
zman1 PLATINUM, Bethesda, Maryland

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

The only funny scenes were the Snakes on the Plane bit, the Pirate Rap, and the Willy Wonka scene. These guys sure know how to rip out scenes from a movie and take a dump all over them.

Tk said...
on Dec. 17 2008 at 2:18 am
I don't agree at all i think it was a gerat movie IDK wat's wrong with you.

4lyssa said...
on Nov. 4 2008 at 4:00 pm
I agree!! It was so bad! I thought it had great potential to be a good movie, but it really didn't live up to that potential.