An Inconvenient Truth | Teen Ink

An Inconvenient Truth MAG

Before watching this movie, I admit that I was not that familiar with Al Gore’s positions on the environment. The most memorable mentions of him were the Man-Bear-Pig episode of “South Park” and an Al Franken joke.

Now, I think he’s brilliant.

With all the theories, denial, and speculation about global warming, I bet you think you’ve heard it all. Well, you haven’t heard it like this.

In “An Inconvenient Truth,” Gore breaks down global warming in a comprehensive manner, covering everything from carbon dioxide levels to drowning polar bears in the depleting northern glaciers.

He is intelligent, informative, and most of all, he is passionate. You may not believe that a climatology lecture could make you laugh and cry, but I promise that this movie is so much more than weather charts. Gore’s presentation is interwoven with stories of his life. You see him beside his injured son in the hospital, traveling to China, and reeling from (but, of course) his defeat in the 2000 election. All of this comes together to become the most heartfelt, motivating movie I’ve ever seen.

I strongly encourage anyone who isn’t afraid to care (or who isn’t that familiar with Gore’s views) to watch this one-of-a-kind movie

on May. 6 2009 at 2:32 am
sharonissojokeslike BRONZE, Manvel, Texas
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." ---John Green

This was such a great movie...was great in all ways, and really deserved that Oscar.

SAVE THE POLAR BEARS!