The Incredible Hulk | Teen Ink

The Incredible Hulk

By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD

Hey guys sorry for the mix up. But, as promised, here is my review of the Incredible Hulk. And for those who might be a little confused, the Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton is not a sequel, nor a tie to the Hulk movie directed by Ang Lee. Now here's the Review.
The Incredible Hulk. So, the Incredible Hulk is the story of Bruce Banner played by Edward Norton. And the movie starts off with a quick flashback of the accident that made the Hulk. It's all during the beginning credits, and it doesn't drag on like the Ang Lee Hulk, because that would be boring. So a few years ago, Bruce was a scientist working on a project for the military, and he tested something on himself. What could go wrong? Except being blasted with gamma radiation and turning into an enormous green rage monster, and killed a few people. Now it's five years later, and Bruce is hiding out in Rio de Janeiro, while searching for a cure for his condition. He tries to find a cure for the Hulk which I like seeing in this movie. And you all know the phrase, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." What do people do? They make him angry, and Hulk tosses their bodies around like Frisbees. But, we see that he has these meditation techniques to try and keep Hulk under control. They display that he deals with this Hulk thing on a daily basis, very well. He's got a heartbeat monitor on his arm, and when ever trouble comes around, he tries to stay calm, until he Hulks out. And Edward Norton does a great job as Bruce Banner. He's a very talented actor, and he gets very involved in his role. He's got the look, the talent and the right build to be a great Bruce Banner. When I say the 'right build', I mean he looks small. Because I think it's awesome when there's a difference between small Bruce Banner, and Enormous Hulk. And I'm sure some of you will agree with me. And seeing him Hulk out is just awesome. Some a-holes are harassing him, he gets angry, and then he Hulks out and can rip through them like paper. He doesn't, but he could.
So Bruce's quest for a cure, takes him back to the U.S., where General 'Thunderbolt' Ross gets a whiff of this and he's thinking, "No way." You can tell that Ross doesn't want Banner to escape again. Ross is driven by the fact that if he gets his hands on Banner, he'll finally get to weaponize the Hulk. He doesn't care what happens as long as he gets his Hulk weapon, because according to Ross, Banner's whole body is property of the U.S. army. Which makes a good amount of sense. After all, he used the military's equipment, and he used their funding. So, yeah. Ross doesn't care about anyone or anything. He just wants his Hulk weapon. Speaking of that, apparently the project that Bruce was working on with the military was a part of the Super-Soldier project from WWII. You know, Captain America? They did a good job of tying that in. I'll review Captain America soon, too, by the way. Back in the story, Bruce has to face not only the military but also Emil Blonsky, played by Tim Roffe, who gets his injection of the Hulk formula and becomes The Abomination. And I have to say, and I'm sure you all feel the same way about this, but the fight between the Hulk and Abomination was one of my least favorite parts of the movie. It's an awesome scene don't get me wrong, but it's basically just the CGI Hulk fighting the CGI Abomination. It's just one of the least interesting parts of the movie, but it's still entertaining. I understand that the Hulk is one of the more difficult characters to do, but these guys did a good job portraying the Hulk. It's entertaining, interesting, and just a blast. I'd say it's a 4.6 out of 5 with the title 'Worth buying on DVD.' I know this because I did buy The Incredible Hulk on DVD.
Anyway, have you seen the Incredible Hulk? What did you think? In fact, who's your favorite Superhero villain in the movies leading up to the Avengers? Comment below, let me know. And I'll get Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers movies reviewed in no time. Bye-bye.