Aladdin | Teen Ink

Aladdin

By vancheeseify SILVER, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
vancheeseify SILVER, Hoffman Estates, Illinois

In the movie, Aladdin is portrayed as the prince come to save his princess and everyone who gets in his way are shown as ugly and menacing evil villains. Women are weak, small, and beautiful and the villains have oddly shaped bodies to make them seem more horrendous.

Various times, gypsies keep popping up and clinging to Aladdin. They act as play things and objects that represent their roles in society. The gypsy women are super skinny; their stomachs curve in at an extremely sharp angle and are attractive and purposely distract Aladdin throughout the movie as they dance around him.

Jasmine is the princess to be saved and the prize to be won. She has an alluring and soft voice, she is dressed with little clothing on top, and is decked in shiny jewelry. Jasmine is the princess, and is portrayed with the most beautiful women in the entire movie. In the scene where she is accused of stealing an apple from the merchant, the threatening man grabs her arm in the attempt to chop off her arm. His hand is probably two times the size of her head. Her hands compared to the merchant’s are small, delicate, and frail while his are huge and intimidating. Likewise, Aladdin comes to the rescue and they escape unscathed.

Aladdin continually tries to impress her and win her heart and Jafar was seeking her love and marriage from since he was Sultan. Since she’s so “precious”, she has Jafar and Aladdin both fighting over her. She is forced to marry Jafar, the big bad ugly guy, and is made to wear some really skimpy clothing. Her blue top from before has been switched out for a sleeveless red top that barely covered her chest. On top of that, she uses her womanly wiles to pretend to fall in love with Jafar and she even kisses him to divert his attention away from Aladdin. In the end, Aladdin saves her from the villainous Jafar and the two get married and ride away on a magic carpet. This movie shows kids how each gender should behave and react to certain situations; the girl is the delicate flower that gets saved by the strong willed guy who is desperately in love with her.