Big Miracle | Teen Ink

Big Miracle

By Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas
Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas

Let me cry my tears let me live in sorrow as long as you promise to be with me tomorrow
By Me:)

As a kid my parents would tease me by saying that I cared more about saving the whales then playing with other kids. As I grew older this idea seemed like an impossible feat. At least until I took my younger siblings to go see Big Miracle. We were all captivated and inspired by the true story of three gray whales trapped in the Arctic Circle under rapidly forming ice. The whales nicknamed Fred, Wilma, and Bam Bam won the hearts of millions as news reporters from all over the world broadcasted their heart wrenching predicament. Between the media coverage, the battle to protect the environment from greedy companies, and the shady world of politics the whales become the world’s main concern. Big Miracle is the perfect movie to go see with your family because it discusses environmental and political issues while maintaining a childlike innocence. This movie will make you want to jump out of your seat to join the politicians, news reporters, tree huggers, oil tycoons, Soviets, and locals who must put their differences aside to save the whales.