Mission Impossible: The Ghost Protocol | Teen Ink

Mission Impossible: The Ghost Protocol

January 6, 2012
By Emocookie SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
Emocookie SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
...O.o? Hehe I dun has one! >XD


Brad Bird, the man who created Ratatouille, The Iron Giant, and The Incredibles created the lively, action-packed movie Mission Impossible 4: The Ghost Protocol. The Ghost Protocol features stars Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, and the most commonly known actor, Tom Cruise. The movie begins with a man being locked in a Russian confinement center. Undercover agents let out other prisoners and start a riot from the control room, and they finally let out Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise), one of their needed top agents. Russian officers and prisoners voraciously battle each other while Ethan Hunt escapes the riotous prison. The reunited teams of agents (with actors Jeremy Renner playing William Brandt and Simon Pegg playing Benji Dunn) then take a trip to the secretive Moscow Kremlin to identify a man who is after codes for nuclear bombs. Cobalt, the man after the codes, was able to blow up the Kremlin and frame the team of agents for the destruction of the significant building. Cobalt was intent on starting a nuclear war, and he was willing to sacrifice any lives necessary. With the pursuit of killing off the weaker humans so that the strong can survive, Cobalt’s and Hunt’s team struggle for the codes through various events. By the end of the movie, the missiles were launched, sending the world through what could have been the extinction of life on earth.
Brad Bird, with the aid of other writers, created a surprisingly successful movie that topped the charts for over three weeks. The story line was created so that you actually had to pay attention in order to know what was going on, but it was simple enough so that you could pop in from time to time and be caught up as long as someone else knew what was going on. Minor distractions don’t affect how much you know, so long as the distractions only lasted about a minute. If the audience is distracted for any longer than a minute or two, they would be easily lost, and more time would be needed to explain, than if the audience had paid attention. Nevertheless, the movie was hard to stray away from.
The effects failed to disappoint, and the movie was incredibly exciting and suspenseful. The most significant effects of the movie were the sandstorm, and the gloves that allowed Ethan Hunt to climb a building. Though one of the gloves shorted out, it only supports the fact that the movie was anything but boring. That chunk of the movie leaves you watching intently as you think the top agent is going to plummet to his death from over one-hundred stories high. Mission Impossible: The Ghost Protocol has some intense effects that hit multiple levels of entertainment.
With the consideration that this was Brad Bird’s first unanimated piece, his efforts produced a treat well worth your time. There is no point throughout the entire movie where you will find yourself bored or uninterested. As a matter of fact, the production is full of adrenaline-pumping action where you’ll be on the edge of your seat wondering what’ll happen next. Bird combined wits, action, and a dash of comedy to his concoction of a movie, leaving you wondering where the two hours went, and begging for more. The production is full of adrenaline-pumping action, and you’ll be on the edge of your seat wondering what’ll happen. If you know the main writer of the movie, the thought you’ll be left with is Bird is the word.