Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows Part 2 | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows Part 2

August 14, 2011
By writerMary GOLD, Plainfield, New Jersey
writerMary GOLD, Plainfield, New Jersey
12 articles 0 photos 2 comments

IT ALL ENDS! These words have been echoed through our ears since the beginning of this year and on July 15th it all truly ended. The final Harry Potter movie, the last seconds of the boy who lived, Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part 2, premiered with a record breaking 43.5 million in midnight screening and 483.2 million worldwide opening weekend. Fans and even those who openly admit that they hate Harry Potter like one of my friends even went to see it because they can’t deny that these movies, that this series, that those books and those characters have breathed life into them.
Do not take what I am about to say lightly but you have not lived until you’ve seen this movie. It is beyond amazing! The action from the burning fire to the blind dragon makes your heart pace; the drama from the battle scene between Bellatrix and Mrs. Weasley to the Prince’s Tale is riveting and rattles your skin till goose bumps pop off you. With or without 3D glasses you can still feel the tension as though you are wearing Harry Potter’s skin. You can sense the passion when Ron and Hermione finally kiss, the bravery when Harry goes up to Voldemort, the sorrow that fills your eyes when you see a beloved ginger die and the love, the love that flows through this movie like a warm ocean breeze.
The never ending struggle between good and evil, Harry and Voldemort, dark versus light is played out and in the end good wins because good always wins. (No spoiler alert, you should know this by now). Harry Potter isn’t just a movie about wizards and magic, it’s a tool used by the universe to show people that yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel. That all this darkness and disaster we call war and famine will end and in that end good will prevail because good always prevails.
I’m not going to lie as much as I prayed and waited on the edge of my seat to see this movie I couldn’t help but cry in the end. On July 15th not only did the Harry Potter movies end, the stars now moving on to other projects, the critics already writing about the next big series, which is ridiculous because nothing can top HP, but my childhood, a whole generations heart and soul has ended, has finally been put to bed. And it went out, like we all expected, with a full fledge BANG. I miss Harry Potter, I honestly wish we could start all over from the beginning and grow up with it again but I highly doubt that these movies will fade into oblivion. It might have ALL END but it will never be forgotten. Long live HP!


The author's comments:
"Harry talks in his sleep, did you know that" Ron
"Spiders, why couldn't it be follow the butterflies" Ron

"I'm always mad at him" Hermione
"I'm going to bed before you think of another way to get us all kill or worse EXPELLED"

"It your writting children's book you need to a ruthless killer" JK Rowling

"Well, that's the plan scuppered. Obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate.
"Yeah, thirteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic; we've got no chance." Fred and Geroge