Water Boy | Teen Ink

Water Boy

By KylerFarrow BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
KylerFarrow BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin

If you like comedy movies and sports, the movie Water Boy is for you. This movie is a classic and every time I watch it, I laugh. It is a very entertaining movie and very funny. This movie features Adam Sandler who starts as a water boy.  He is around the football team all the time so he gets close with the players. He gets sick of just watching and wants to join the fun. His mom does not want him to play football because she is scared for her boy to get hurt.  He makes the team and becomes the starting linebacker on the teams. But he does not tell his mom. 

The movie is also filled with a love story because he falls in love with a girl in the movie. The girl throughout the story helps him but also hurts him. The movie has many ups and downs which makes it interesting. One memorable part is when his teammate makes fun of him for serving water by yelling Gatorade, Gatorade. He gets very mad at his teammates and tackles them. Another memorable part is when he jumbos over the line of scrimmage vs Iowa and causes a fumble, resulting in a touchdown. 

I love this movie because it has a great plot and a great story. Also, football is my favorite sport so I can relate to the movie. Adam Sandler is my favorite actor so it just makes for a great movie. I can't think of an Adam Sandler movie that is not funny and entertaining. The movie gets more and more interesting the more you watch it.

One thing I love most about the movie is the deeper meaning that I learned from a young age watching it. Initially, his teammates were making fun of him for being a loser and being just the water boy. But as the movie goes on they start to respect him because he becomes their best player. He is a playmaker on their defense and a great leader that is easy to follow. I learned from this part that you have to treat people around you with respect because you never know if they could help your team or even your life. I used this lesson in my own life on my football team. We have a water boy named Ben who people make fun of him because he does not play football and just fills water. I was nice to him and became friends with him.

Overall this movie is great for many settings and is a great choice when looking for a classic. I have recommended this movie to many people and I will continue to.

I like the movie.