Taken | Teen Ink

Taken

By tahmid-f BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
tahmid-f BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta

From first minute to the last this movie caught my attention with an intriguing title, Taken which is directed by Olivier Megaton. Filled with high action, quality, and mystery that will have you hooked from the start to finish. Taken is the first of a spectacular and action-filled movie series. The movie is centred around a one-man rescue mission featuring Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) as a very skilled former CIA agent.

Bryan Mills has every skill in the bag I.e., sharpshooting, pursuit-driving, pocket-picking, impersonating, knife-fighting, torturing, and he’s a karate-fighting killing machine. He knows the dangers of this world, pursuing duty in many highly dangerous areas of the world. Mills has a very naïve and intrigued teenage daughter who desires to go on vacation with her 19-year-old friend. It is brought to Bryan's attention at a breakfast meet with his daughter (Kim) and ex-wife (Lenore) that Kim is longing that her dad signs a permission form that allows her to travel to Paris. Bryan warns Kim about what the real world holds, but Kim has a fixed mindset to go. Feeling awful Bryan allows Kim to go. Kim and her friend land in Paris and an unknown man comes up to them and pays with them to get to their destination since taxi prices are high. Next thing you know is in broad daylight the two are kidnapped. Bryan is on the phone with Kim while it happened and advises the kidnappers to let the girls free or he will hunt them down and murder them all.

The director of the movie uses a strong hook which was when Kim and her friend arrive at the place they are staying, an unknown man makes a call to a gang that gives them info on the 2 girls which leads to them getting abducted. It was the perfect hook; they rolled the scenes out perfectly. This movie is great with many scenarios which are captivating, aside from that from time to time especially when Bryan excessively kills, it makes you wonder why kill so much? Bryan ends up arriving quickly in Paris scoping every little clue he can abide to find. Which leads to him finding a scrawny boy in his low 20s. The director Olivier Megaton gives us a slight insight into stuff that may happen later into the movie, but still keeping us concerned if the daughter is ok or not. Will Bryan recover his daughter, or will she be gone forever? He only has 96 hours before he will never see her again. Watch this amazingly plotted movie to find out. I highly recommend it, anyone, who loves the world of action, mystery, and dangerous adventure will have a blast. Even if you don’t mess with this type of genre this may just be the movie that turns your decision over.

"If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." - Bryan Mills