Gone In 60 Seconds | Teen Ink

Gone In 60 Seconds

April 21, 2021
By Anonymous

Gone in 60 seconds is a movie about stealing cars for a living, it follows the main character named Memphis who is exceptional at stealing cars without any damage done to them. Memphis’s younger brother named kip got into car stealing and got into a bad situation where his life was on the line. the movie follows the way that kip was saved by stealing cars for Raymond who is the crime boss that has kip held captive. Memphis must steal 50 cars in 3 days, or his brother dies while staying under the radar of the FBI agents that know he is back in town and his reputation of stealing cars. This movie is great with a compelling plot that keeps you interested throughout the movie with new characters being introduced and back story is being revealed and worked on constantly. As it follows what is happening, you get to know what the FBI, Memphis, and Raymond are doing While also holding suspense throughout the movie and keeping viewers entertained. Even though this is a movie about cars you do not need to love cars or be a car person to watch it, it keeps any viewer entertained. It also gives personal connections to the characters and cars as if you were a part of it. This movie is great but not perfect. There are a number of clips that don’t follow gravity, or any physics of any sorts and the ending is quite sad to a car person like myself. Overall, not much to complain about and I really enjoyed it. I would mainly recommend this to people who like cars and fast paced crim movies. This movie probably would not be interesting to kids under 12 and would likely be more geared towards mid to older teens and adults as it has no appeal to young children.


The author's comments:

this was a school project, about the movie "gone in 60 seconds"