The Rezort Movie Review | Teen Ink

The Rezort Movie Review

By lizzie__27 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
lizzie__27 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

The Rezort- Movie Review

On a late night I was looking through netflix, trying to find an exciting and exceptional movie. I accidentally stumbled upon a movie called The Rezort and I could not have chosen a better movie. The Rezort is an original netflix movie directed by Steve Barker. In my opinion, it is filled with heart-stopping moments and thrill. Overall it was a flabbergasting and jaw-dropping movie.

If you are one sucker for action, this is your movie. A dangerous virus was discovered. The virus kills people and then brings them back to life. Soon the virus started spreading, killing 2 million people. As a result, a war was created and humans won. The infected people were put in a Island, which was made into a tourist resort. Anyone was allowed to travel to the Island to see the “zombies” because the virus was only transmittable through saliva. The resort was made safe by using electric fences, hand/feet/neck cuffs which were controlled with the electricity, electric cages, no physical contact with the infected and any other safety measure that you can think about. One night, one of the tourists went into the control room to download some information for an unknown cause, which was later revealed. The flash drive she used contained some sort of virus which caused a system failure later in the movie. All tourists were put into different cars in groups, and each car went in a separate way. After the cars left, the system failure started and everything that was controlled with electricity failed. And from there, everything went downhill.

Throughout the movie, there were “scary” scenes in which zombies would pop out of nowhere and people had to run for their lives. I often felt my heart stop when I knew a zombie was near some of my favorite characters and they didn’t know. I would anxiously rock back and forth in my seat, trying to suppress my desire to yell at the screen for them to run. The pacing of the movie was just right. It didn’t go too fast or too slow and the events happened when they were least expected. The outcome of the movie was appealing and very surprising, it left me wanting to watch more.

This is a Movie review on The Rezort, a zombie movie.