CHiPs | Teen Ink

CHiPs

June 19, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

ChiPs is a movie about two police officers, who have just joined the California Highway Patrol in Los Angeles. However, the two officers, Jon Baker and Frank "Ponch" Poncherello, have joined for different reasons. Jon is an ex-motorbike racer, and he has joined the police force to save his marriage and to help put his life back together. Ponch is a veteran in the game and is also an undercover FBI agent. He has been forced to investiage this multimillion dollar case, thinking that there must be someone on the inside. The rookie and the veteran must work together to save the case, but things don't work out so well in the beginning: they start to clash with each other and struggle to work as one codoperative team. 

 The movie has an okay plot, confusing bad guys, and the ending is somewhat predicatable and dumb. Michael Pena saves this movie and carries it on his back. He is essentially the only thing that makes this movie, other than some well-scripted funny scenes. With that said, this movie is enjoyable, hilarious, and a great comedy to watch. However, this is not a movie to pay ten dollars for; this movie is worth a few dollars, at most. Granted, although this is a true comedy, in the sense that it is laugh-out-loud funny and has a dumb plot, this is absolutely not for people under 14 or a great family-friendly movie. There is nudity and inapropiate lines in this movie, and that should absolutely not be shown to younger kids or be shown to parents and their kids in the same room. 

 To sum it up: this movie is hilarious, Michael Pena is fantastic, the plot is predictable, the ending is 'meh', and the movie has some great moments. This movie is absolutely not for little kids and is not a family movie. This movie is more catered towards males, but females can find the film enjoyable. As long as you are above 14 and are looking for a truly funny movie, this movie is perfect for you but don't expect an award-winning film. Expect a typical comedy that does what it is supposed to: create laughs.


The author's comments:

ChiPs is one of the funniest recent comedies to come out, but it is not for everyone. However, Michael Pena is beyond fantastic.