The Sweet Dead Life by Joy Preble | Teen Ink

The Sweet Dead Life by Joy Preble

By mb777 GOLD, Thornwood, New York
mb777 GOLD, Thornwood, New York

Every broken family hides their secrets, problems, and dreams. While battling an unexplainable sickness, living without a father who disappeared, and a mother who fell into a strange depression, Jenna continues to go through her 8th grade school year.

Due to the absence of their father and weakness of their mother, Jenna and her older brother, Casey, must rely on each other; Casey works two jobs just to support the family. Jenna feels as if life can’t get any worse, having to rely solely on her drug abusing brother, but one day she collapses and has to be rushed to the hospital. On the way to the hospital, Casey accidently crashes the car and when Jenna wakes up in the Emergency room, she finds Casey not only in perfect condition but beatified. Jenna has trouble comprehending the transformed Casey and the fact that she has been poisoned for unknown reasons. Later it is learned that Casey did not survive the accident at all and he was brought back as an angel to help his family solve its mysteries.

Joy Preble, author of The Sweet Dead Life, creates secretive and complex characters to fit the mysterious and suspense filled storyline. The setting is the state of Texas which possesses criminals and secrets. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy suspense and mysteries.

mb777 GOLD said...
mb777 GOLD, Thornwood, New York
Thanks so much for your suggestion and for reading my article! I think you would enjoy this book! :)

elycavill SILVER, Samobor, Other

Leave nothing but footprints,
Take nothing but pictures,
Kill nothing but time.

I'd just make some more space for the psychical characteristic, that's how we've been thought anyway. But all in all real good review! I even fancy fancy the book description and might read it because of your review. Makes it look appealing :)