The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion | Teen Ink

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

By TeaOnPluto PLATINUM, Dublin, Other
TeaOnPluto PLATINUM, Dublin, Other

This heartwarming story follows thirty-nine year old geneticist, Don Tillman, a man focused on schedules and directions, searching for the perfect wife. After devising the perfect project to find a suitable life partner, Don finds it difficult to find someone that will meet all his expectations, due to his lack of empathy and social skills. When he meets Rosie, he is momentarily preoccupied with using his familiarity with genetics to help find her biological Father, but as Don struggles with his life being turned around by this beautiful woman, he begins to question if he really is capable of feeling love.

The Rosie Project is definitely one of my new favourite romances, as Graeme Simsion approaches the old style romantics with a new kind of character, a geeky, socially awkward adult, forever stuck in his ways. The novel is funny and Don Tillman will have you laughing throughout. This book is a beautiful representation of unusual yet maybe more realistic love stories. This wonderful story is slightly frustrating but will make you smile. I recommend this novel to fans of romances such as Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern.