The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton | Teen Ink

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

April 9, 2017
By Crimgym GOLD, Townley, Alabama
Crimgym GOLD, Townley, Alabama
13 articles 7 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Magic is real. You just have to know where to find it." -unknown


Everyone has unexpected moments in their life. Some are harder than others. Some handle it differently. Some people go through it alone while others look to their friends for support. One gang of friends experienced a life-changing incident, as they loose loved ones while on the run from a defensive stand against their enemies- the Socs. Ponyboy Curtis and his two brothers were members of a gang, along with other Greasers. One night, after a series of unfortunate events, Ponyboy and a gang member, Johnny, were walking in a park when they got jumped by a couple of their rivals, the Socs. Johnny, out of self-defense, stabs a Soc and kills him. This adventurous, yet heartwarming story consists of Ponyboy’s and Johnny’s run from trouble, and the trials they face as friends hiding from the police and trying to “stay gold” at the same time. “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton is a story about coming of age and Ponyboy’s search for innocence in the roughest of times. This inspiring story teaches relationships and how “it’s tough all over.” This story teaches that everyone has trials that they face, and how they respond to those trials makes them who they are going to become as a person and an individual.