Slammed by Colleen Hoover | Teen Ink

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

By RachelPOV. BRONZE, London, New York
RachelPOV. BRONZE, London, New York

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

Your dad unexpectedly dies, you move from your beloved birthplace. Do you ever wonder if life can get any worse? And then the unthinkable happens. This is the life of Layken Cohen. How would you feel if you were in a joyful environment - you felt very contented about life, had many great friendships and felt comfortable; to move a town you felt completely alone and isolated in? Regret and anger filled Layken about her forced change - this was until she met someone who would change her life forever.

Will Cooper
Layken wondered will she ever find happiness. Will changed her perspective on life; he took her from a dark place. He showed her another magical side to life. The poetry slam club - he lured her into the world of poetry, also into his family life and his secrets. In this book, you learn how poetry expresses the deeper emotions behind someone's feelings. An instant connection is sparked between Layken and Will. The idea that love is complicated is definitely demonstrated in this book. What would you do if you had to choose between what is this morally right and what you love? If you had to ignore the person who makes you the happiest? Responsibility, love, morals, friendship, death, heartbreak; all are themes which are strongly presented in this book. Towards the end - we witness the fight for love, unwilling sacrifices, and another unexpected death. I recommend this emotion-packed book, it teaches you a life lesson whilst enjoying a captivating and engaging, story plot.

on Sep. 11 2018 at 10:47 am
vanessawaring, Linesville, Pennsylvania
This is so sweet!

RachelPOV. BRONZE, London, New York

Thank you :), alright

HammadWaseem said...
HammadWaseem, Lahore, Other

Be proud of who you are.
-Eminem

You can't see me
-John Cena

Ooh, somebody stop me!
-Mask

That's amazingly best! @RachelPOV. Will you check and comment on my video,"The Unbeatable Breakdancer", and two pics,"Smart Guy" and "Cute Boy"? :)