The Giver by Lois Lowry | Teen Ink

The Giver by Lois Lowry

By Mcbruh1 SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
Mcbruh1 SILVER, Thornton, Colorado

"The best way out is always through."

The Giver

Have you ever dreamt of a place where everything is perfect? No war, no disease, no poor, no rich and no pain. Well if you are a fan of fantasy and drama you might be interested in reading The Giver. The Giver takes place in a utopian society where you follow the character of Jonas in his eleven through thirteen years of age in a utopian society where everything is normal, until Jonas finds out some secrets that are being hidden from society and he has to face the reality of our world and the past. The Giver has very interesting aspects that compare the real world and how it would change if society accepted each other.

The Giver is absolutely amazing and really changed my point of view of our now so called "society". I can see that Lois Lowry, the author of The Giver, really took her time making this book as perfect as possible and she did a good job on giving us that feel of how utopia and society is. There are a lot of cliff hangers and parts in this book that make you want to cringe or just throw the book with anger.

The Giver overall does its job but also has some aspects that have to be changed.It also feel that there should be more story about every character that is friends with Jonas (the main character in The Giver) because the other character seem dull and out of the story sometimes. There are many characters in this book which might confuse you at first

so get ready for it. This book would be recommended for ages thirteen and up. The Giver is a book worth reading again in the future.