The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare | Teen Ink

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

By Avrey Dicke GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Avrey Dicke GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“Black for hunting through the night, for death and mourning the color’s white...” The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is the first book of six by Cassandra Clare. City of Bones is the book that begins the story of all the shadowhunters and the other world that not many people can see. This is the book that introduces all of it.
City of Bones is the story that starts it all. It starts with a girl who finds out she is a shadowhunter by mistake. Her mom was one but went into hiding because she thought that would be the best way to raise her daughter. Her mom left behind her old life to make a better one for her daughter, Clary. Shadowhunters find Clary’s mom and take her. Clary comes to realization that she has shadowhunter in her blood and has to find her mom. After she finds out who she is, she learns about shadowhunters and has many complications along the way for the search for her mom. The author Cassandra Clare, did a very good job by leaving the end of some chapters by leaving them hanging.
This book and series was written by Cassandra Clare. Cassandra Clare does a very nice job by telling the background of shadowhunters. She doesn’t tell it all at once to make it boring, but slowly throughout the story. She shows the strong friendship between friends and how much it would take to break that. Even though the book is about shadowhunters who kill demons, there is also vampires, werewolves, fairies, and warlocks in the book as well. She still managed to have that little love connection between characters. This book was made into a movie, and people always say the book is better than the movie. This book was a lot better than the movie.
This is the only book of the series that got made into a movie. The movie leaves out certain things that made the book really good. The movie didn’t have as much as the book had. It left out certain details that the book really hit spot on. Even though it left out details, the movie still did have the same story line. One nice thing about the movie was that it gave an idea of what the characters actually look like.
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is a book by Cassandra Clare and got turned into a movie. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is the first book of six, and is the book that starts it all. “...Gold for the bride in her wedding gown, and red to call enchantment down.”- the end of a shadowhunter children’s rhyme. Finish the series to have all the questions answered.