Graceling by Kristin Cashore | Teen Ink

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

This fantasy book is the first in the trilogy. In this you meet one extraordinary girl name Katsa. Now Katsa a girl living in one of the seven kingdoms isn’t ordinary for she is a graceling. A graceling is a person who is basically really good at something. A grace can go from fighting, predicting weather to simpler things like climbing trees, cooking and dancing. The way you can tell a graceling from an ordinary human is that a grace child had two different color eyes. For Kasta one is bright blue and the other brilliant green. Katsa grace isn`t like the others for her grace is killing. Working for her Kings she was treated like a wild animal only released on her kings enemies. When her friendship been struck up with a graceling Prince, Katsa starts learning more about her world and more about herself.
For me I loved Katsa for her bravery but also for realizing how to love. The Prince and her make an un-beatable pair and I`m excited to see where their adventures take them next. The writing was well, you could tell where the beginning was, and middle and end were. The writing was great for teenagers and I founded it easy to read. Though some parts weren’t very interesting a strong reader could finish in a week. In my mind I do not believe this needed a trilogy for it had a very clear beginning, middle and end.