Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott | Teen Ink

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott

By Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey
Writing4Pub DIAMOND, Colts Neck, New Jersey

Always desire to learn something useful.
Sophocles

When I read Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott, I was on the edge of my seat at every word. The main character Dani has a lot of issues: she doesn’t go to school, she doesn’t have a home, she doesn’t have a father, and she travels all around with her Mom, who teaches her how to rob houses and steal. All Dani wants is a real house, real friends, and not have to go around and rob houses with her Mom.
Dani doesn’t go to school. She has never been to school or had classes.The reason for this is, her Mom doesn’t believe in sending her to school. She thinks that if she teaches her daughter to steal and rob, she will just do that for a living and wont need to know anything else. This is really horrible because when Dani grows up she wants to have a good job and be successful, but if she has never been to school, this is unlikely to happen.
She doesn’t have a home. Sure she has lived in a house before, but she has never stayed in a house for more than a month because she’s always moving around; her and her Mom travel to all different neighborhoods that have big houses, and mansions. They pick a house and find out everything they can about it so they will be prepared to rob. Dani hates doing this but she has no other choice, since her Mom forces her and that’s all she knows how to do.
Also, she doesn’t have a father. The only person she has is her Mom. Her Mom told her that her Dad got caught robbing a house and got arrested, he never kept in touch with Dani or her Mom. Dani wants to get to know her Dad but she has no clue where he is.
This was an amazing book that I will never forget. It was very interesting and something I have never read about before. Will Dani finally have a normal life and not have to rob and steal anymore? Or will she keep living the life that she hates? Read this awesome book to find out! You won’t regret it.

I love this book and want to share it with others. Its one of my favorites, and very inspiring.