Jumped by Rita Williams-Garcia | Teen Ink

Jumped by Rita Williams-Garcia

January 25, 2012
By eddys96 SILVER, Sacramento, California
eddys96 SILVER, Sacramento, California
9 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Don't Be Afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only initial impression.. The Important things is not the Retreat; You have to Master Yourself


I really thought high school stories were ridiculous, until I read Jumped by Rita Williams. This story changed the way I think about stereotypical high school students.


In Jumped, a normal everyday high school girl, Leticia, fails a math test by a few points. And because of this she gets involved into a zero-period class and a world of gossip and trouble.


The story this author writes will never let you put the book down! Your eyes will be stuck to these pages, guaranteed. You will be delighted and inspired after you finish reading this great novel.


Jumped plays like a movie in my head. It is written from Leticia’s point of view. And all she wants is the juiciest gossip that goes around school grounds. And she definitely found it. Trina, she knows she’s the top notch. From her looks to her art she’s the stuff. Dominique only wants to play basketball, but cant and is benched all season due to her bad grades. It has been said that at 2:45 Dominique is going jump Trina.


This is such a marvelous book. In fact, in 2009, it was nominated for national book award for young adult’s literature. William-Garcia does such a superb job at making her characters. She shows that this novel is great way for people to develop and improve their characteristic skills.


The theme of this book is to never judge a book by its cover. Leticia doesn’t want to get into people’s business but does that stop her?


This book is intense and opens the readers mind about high school stories. And will change the way you think about high school. Especially when you are in school. I recommend this to anyone that’s trying to spend their free time on reading a good realistic fiction novel.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 4 comments.


Jayhawk said...
on Jun. 30 2013 at 8:56 pm
You write so clearly. Your enthusiasm brings me along. And I really liked how you made your recommendation at the end.

jj77 said...
on Jun. 28 2013 at 11:00 am
You should turn this book into a movie script.  What do think?  Would this make a good movie?  I bet you could make a ton of money and become famous. 

kkk.harris said...
on Mar. 5 2013 at 9:58 am
i love this book. it is a great story for pre-teens and full grown teenagers.

on Feb. 17 2012 at 11:38 pm
huckleberry916 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"you can do everything butt not anything"-DAVID ALLEN

"work like you dont need money,love like youve never been hurt, and dance like noones watching"-unaware

mmmmmm verry superb primo lol i didnt know you were literate...... hahaha lets go...frist to vip win ;)