The Forest of Adventures (Knight Trilogy #1) by Katie M. John | Teen Ink

The Forest of Adventures (Knight Trilogy #1) by Katie M. John

By novella_vialli SILVER, OakBrook, Illinois
novella_vialli SILVER, OakBrook, Illinois

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beautiful! Katie definitely has a way with words. The way she described the everything from the surroundings, emotions and feelings you could actually picture everything happening all around you. I could feel every emotion that was actually going through Mina, from feeling guilty about leaving Sam and trying not to jump Blake. I wanted to jump *swoon* Blake all the time.

Before i had read the book myself i let my friend borrow it and read it before me. She didn’t say anything because she knows how much i hate it when people spoil the surprise. All she said was that there is no happy ending. I thought that would affect my perspective and not even let me give the book a chance but i am pleased to announce that i am through that phase and enjoyed the book thoroughly.

“The Forest of Adventures” is a gripping read, that keeps you turning the pages, all the while maintaining the tense and electrically charged atmosphere. I must admit, that although Vampires and Werewolves are dark and sexy, the thought of of an Arthurian Knight is far more sexy. I think the first Arthurian novel that i actually read was Avalon High by Meg Cabot. That made me realise my love for such stories. Not only that but “The Forest of Adventures” brought forward certain facts that i didn’t know and when i finally learned about them through Katie’s book i was astonished and interested to know more.

The whole setting is just so romantic and I love the feeling of everything being so beautiful but with a dark force constantly threatening. Beautiful! Once I picked it up I couldn’t put it down and my copies signed! Yippee!

I can’t wait to read the second book and find out what happens next.

A re-telling of King Arthur.
My book blog, Breathing Books, features many other young adult novel reviews.