Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee | Teen Ink

Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee

By Nearly_Confused SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida
Nearly_Confused SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

When I was a child, I thought as a child, I spoke as a child; But when I became a man learned to put away all my childish things - 1 Corinthians 14:11

Inherit the Wind is a fictional book about what may have happened during the Money vs. Scopes trail.It is about a young man named Bertram Cates, whom is a school teacher. One day he decides to teach his class about evolution,and once the townspeople hear about it, they throw him in jail. To plead his case is an some what older and though of crook, by the name of Henry Drummond. He is up against the famous christian lawyer, Matthew Harrison Brady. Is Charles Darwin right? or is everything man needs to know is in the Bible. Watch how the two clash! But what happens when another school teacher, Rachel Brown tries to defend and be against her one true love? It's the battle of wits! and a newspaper reporter by the name of E. K. Hornbeck catches it all. Read it. It's very interesting book.

I thought this book was going to be awful because I am a Christian and do not believe in Darwin's theory. I was shocked and surprised that I couldn't tear my eyes off the pages. It's a remarkable book, if like books written in play form.