The Last Vampire - Christopher Pike | Teen Ink

The Last Vampire - Christopher Pike

June 3, 2008
By Anonymous

Alisa Perne (Sita) is the strongest creature on earth; she is a vampire and she is 5,000 years old. Alisa is also the last of her kind. This book follows her through all the perils of being the last vampire and how she survives the 21st century. Her creator is alive (who is also the first of their kind) though was previously thought dead, he is tracking Alisa down and is desperate to kill her to fulfil the promise made to their God.

It is an introduction to all the characters to come and still maintains a great storyline. It is rare in my opinion to find a ‘first' book in a series that has a good steady introduction to everyone, and maintains an interesting and provocative storyline. This series contains six books to follow, totalling seven books all up in the series.

A Fantasy/horror/love story with a keen introduction, this book is suitable for all ages, having no real disturbing scenes. Occasionally Sita does show her magnificent strength with a violent and bloody display but it does not contain details.

The main theme of the book is a powerful woman on a mission. The character does not like to be betrayed and this happens quite a bit and we are given a first hand perspective of what happens when you anger and annoy a Vampire. The main themes though are horror and Fantasy.

What I love most about this book is the language in which the main character speaks and thinks in. Pike uses words to display her intelligence and her wisdom and knowledge that would seem to be beyond her years.

There are seven books in this series and all of them a provocative read, this book though, is by far the best. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to any reader as it contains a bit for everyone.