Slam by Nick Hornby | Teen Ink

Slam by Nick Hornby

I got this book on Christmas Eve from my uncle. He said that I would like it. So that night at 2 am I started reading it. I read it until 3:30 in the morning. I have never been able to read a book for an hour and a half straight. It was so amazing. I could relate so much to it, from some experiences that my friend told me about. I can really feel her struggles and relating to her and how she felt.

Sam just turned 16 and he got his girlfriend pregnant. He finds out on his birthday and isn't sure what to do. He really loves Alicia, but doesn't want to still go out with Alicia. So he runs away. That results in bad things happening. So he goes back home. Once the baby is born he starts to want to stay with Alicia again and they move in together. They really fell in love; they think that the baby brought them closer together.

At first when Sam gets the news it doesn't look good, for them, there are so many decisions that have to be made. But after a while from him learning from this experience he finds what is best for Alicia and his relationship and what's best for their baby.

Slam is such a touching book, and I learned a lot from it. I honestly think that teens should read it because it may help them in the long run, and if they are in bad situations they can remember what happened to Sam and Alicia in the book.

This book made me think a lot about girls that go through these situations. It was super hard for Alicia and Sam to raise the baby together, but for girls that have boyfriends that leave it would probably be ten times harder. I think that people need to think a lot about their choices, because they will most likely end in a life changing choice.

I think that my book review is a lot better, because it kind of shows how books can really affect choices. And how much I really liked the book, I am pretty sure that people will read this book after reading my review