Remember me by Christopher Pike | Teen Ink

Remember me by Christopher Pike

By becool GOLD, Allison Park, Pennsylvania
becool GOLD, Allison Park, Pennsylvania

life isnt about finding yourself. life is about creating yourself.

The story “Remember Me” was one of the most inspirational and life changing stories that I have ever read. It really made me stop and think about how important my life really means to me, and how much I take for granted. I have read many stories in my life, but never before had a read one that has made me think about how selfish I have been. The main character, Shari, was like me, she had a family, a home, clothes, and money but, still wanted more. Before I read this book, all I ever thought about was how much more other people have than I do. I never stopped to think that there are tons of people who would kill to live that life I have right now.

On my 6th birthday my parents held a huge party for me. It took place at Chuck E Cheeses and, all of my friends and family came. I remember I got a big Cinderella cake and tons of presents. Later that night, when the party was over and we were at home, my parents announced that they had yet another present for me. They had gotten me the most wonderful bike ever but, I still wanted more. I asked them what else they got for me, like I expected more. At six years old I threw a fit because my parents only got me one present. I shouldn’t have been thinking about how many presents I received. Most people never had a big birthday party like I did and, a lot of kids never had the family to celebrate it with. It wasn’t until I read this story that I realized how much more I have than other people, Because of you I think I have become a better person. I still have birthday parties but, instead of presents I ask that my friends and family bring money to donate to the Make a Wish Foundation. I hope that you will keep writing, and continue inspiring kids and teens like me, all over the world. I don’t think you will ever know how much you influenced my life, but I want you to know that if it weren’t for you I would still be the same selfish little girl I was when I was six. I will continue to help those in need, and will no longer expect more. If everyone were to read this book, it’s guaranteed that the world, would in fact, be a better place.