The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester | Teen Ink

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Piper has always been a bit odd. Ever since she was born, she always floated a few feet off the ground. At age ten, she learned to harness her ability to fly. Her mother warned her to never allow any of the townspeople, least of all Millie Mae, know her ability; and when she does just that, she is immediately put on the top of the list to be sent to I.N.S.A.N.E. It seems like the best situation to keep Piper safe…

But it seems that the safest place for Piper to be may just be the most dangerous place in the world for her to be.

This story is one filled with characters you love to hate and hate to love-just be careful about choosing a favorite too soon, because not everything and everyone are as they seem-it’s filled with laughter and moments where you may tear up and possibly shed a few tears; it’s filled with everlasting friendships and unique characters.

In a world where it seems everyone wishes kids to grow up too soon, The Girl Who Could Fly is a breath of fresh-air, with its child-like innocence. It has enough humor where an adult could pick up this book and find it an easy and enjoyable read, but is not too mature for a third or fourth grader’s parents to be afraid of their child reading this book.

I recommend anyone who enjoys superheroes or who is just looking for a humorous, easy, enjoyable read to pick up a copy of The Girl Who Could Fly. You won’t be sorry.