Crank | Teen Ink

Crank

January 31, 2008
By Anonymous

Recently I read the book “Crank” by Ellen Hopkins. I thought this book was really…extreme, this young girl goes through so much over just a few months, it is so crazy. I must say though, it was very well written and it kept me interested in the book. I like the format it was written in, with the poetry and what not, it was very fast reading and almost pleasing to the eye. I do not read very often, but for some reason after reading this book, it has made me want to read more. The book captured me and I could follow it so easily like there was a movie playing through my mind. I loved reading it because it took me away from the world and brought me into a completely different one where I didn't have to worry about my own issues. This was such a good book and I know lots of other people who would agree with me. This book kinda takes you and puts you and someone else's shoes and it makes you think about life in a different perspective. I guess through this book I discovered the beauty of reading and imagination. I have been reading so much more since this book and I am really enjoying it. I am definitely going to read the sequel to this book, and if you are looking for a good book to read, I would highly recommend this one. It is so well written and it draws you in so that you won't want to put it down.