Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation (Paperb... by Tim Hamilton Ray Bradbury | Teen Ink

Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation (Paperb... by Tim Hamilton Ray Bradbury

By bookcrazy PLATINUM, Rocky Hill, Connecticut
bookcrazy PLATINUM, Rocky Hill, Connecticut

ver read a book only a while ago and then had a sudden urge to read it again? Fahrenheit 451 is one of my examples. And instead of picking up the actual book, I picked up the recently published graphic adaptation. It wasn’t what I planned, but it's what I took out of the shelf and I thought, “Hey, what not?”

The comic book version was more than what I expected. It was very faithful to the book, and the art was wonderful. And the irony of this adaption! Fahrenheit 451 states that one of the causes for the decline of books is that books were being abridged to comic books. There is a particular quote from the novel that says this: “"Books cut shorter. Condensations. Digests, Tabloids. … Classics cut … to fill a two-minute book column.”

Is the dystopian world of Fahrenheit 451 alarming close to ours then? It is if people are going to read this comic book as a means of gaining a shortcut of the novel. However, I would recommend this for those who have already read the novel and would like to it see portrayed in a different way.