The Lord Of The Rings | Teen Ink

The Lord Of The Rings MAG

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all andin the darkness bind them."

The One Ring, created by the Dark Lord,Sauron, controls the other 19 magic rings of Middle-earth and allows its wearerto dominate that land. J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, tells thestory of the One Ring, the attempt to destroy it, and the war that developedaround it.

Frodo Baggins, a quiet, peaceful hobbit of the Shire, acceptsthe burden of ring-bearer and the impossible journey the position entails: hemust take the ring to Mount Doom, the only place it can be destroyed, in the veryheart of the Dark Lord's kingdom. Only by bringing the ring within Sauron'sterrible grasp can it be destroyed.

Meanwhile, Mordor, Sauron's realm, isinvolved in an awesome war with its western neighbor, Gondor. In the classicclash between good and evil, Gondor struggles to hold back the power of Mordor,but only Frodo's success can bring victory to the west. Frodo's heart is true,but can he withstand the lure of the Ring?

Tolkien's masterfully designedfantasy keeps readers guessing as we are caught up in the great War of the Ring.The more we are told about Middle-earth and its inhabitants, the more curious webecome. In his way, Tolkien keeps the pages turning until the very end.

i love this !