The The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams | Teen Ink

The The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

By TheLeaderOfChina SILVER, San Fransisco, California
TheLeaderOfChina SILVER, San Fransisco, California

I rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

KAABLAM goes the Earth! Have you ever wondered about the possibility of other sentient life in the universe? In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, written by Douglas Adams, the people of Earth found that out before they were blasted to smithereens by an alien ship to make way for a hyper spatial express route. Two humans were not on Earth when it blew up. One of the humans was named Arthur Dent and was beamed up by the Earth demolition crew thanks to an alien escaping nearby. Arthur's real problem in the book is coping with the universe after just finding out so much exists in it and that everything he knew is gone. Arthur and his best (alien) friend Ford Prefect, who signaled the ship, hitchhike across the galaxy. They run into many interesting characters, including, the three-headed President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox who rescued them after they were thrown into space by the Earth demolition crew. In their journey, Arthur and Ford discover that hitchhiking across the universe isn't the ideal way to travel. And soon a real problem comes along, the police catch up to Zaphod for stealing a spaceship and Arthur and Ford are in a heap of trouble. Will they all make it out unscathed?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a marvelous tale of whacky adventures. It is the first book out of five in the Hitchhiker's series and they are all science fiction books. Douglas Adams does a great job of creating memorable and madcap characters that stumble into problem after problem. I was laughing out loud to some of his characters like Marvin the Paranoid Android who hates and insults practically everything, including doors. I think that Douglas Adams is a great writer because I couldn't put down the book and he made reading fun. He has a great imagination and has a new race of aliens or new plot device at every turn. I was seriously sad for Arthur at some points in the book because it seemed that he was hopelessly lost and nothing could help him, but something always would. The book was extremely enjoyable and I recommend it to anyone who likes science fiction books and comedies.

I liked the Book