Waiting This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Waiting depicts the triumphs and tragedies of Chinese Army doctor Lin Kong. Divorcing his wife to discover true love, Lin struggles through remarriage and the impending death of his new bride. The reader is drawn into his battles and these traumatic experiences allow him to develop a better understanding of love.

By using brilliant, subtle conflict, Ha Jin creates a clash between traditional and modern values since the love Lin wants to experience is an entirely modern idea while he is bound to a traditionally arranged marriage. His search for self resolutely mirrors our own modern self-discovery.

Inspired by the complexity of society, Ha Jin compels us through the character development to discover our true inner-self. When true self is discovered, our true love will, naturally, “always be waiting for us.”

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 1:15 pm
i love this !