Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows MAG

Do you want a book that is packed with adventure? Something that you can’t stop reading? Then look no further than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I read this book over the summer, and I couldn’t put it down. It’s full of action and drama, and it was what I expected of the last book in the series - and more.

The Deathly Hallows picks up where book six left off, with Harry deciding to leave school and find a way to defeat Voldemort. His best friends, Hermione and Ron, go along for the ride. The book is an interesting read and keeps you on the edge of your seat in anticipation. This story is the epitome of the never-ending battle of good versus evil.

This is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time and the most well-written in the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling writes with amazing attention to detail and description. She makes the imaginary world of wizards and magic seem so real. Her words leap off the page.

I spent two days doing nothing but reading the book. I suggest that you read the preceding books before picking up this one, since you don’t want to be lost with all the references to previous books.

When you do choose to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows make sure that your next couple days are free, because you won’t be going anywhere or doing anything else until you finish it.

on Jan. 16 2018 at 3:03 pm
Phl.RamilJr SILVER, Sacramento, California

You miss 100% of the shot you don't take

i like this since it bring back memories because this is the first harry potter book i read

i love this !

on Apr. 10 2015 at 11:21 am
PrancexxxAbandoned SILVER, Fullerton, California

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, its more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff" -The 10th Doctor

I love this book as well! J. K. Rowling definatley is the god of writting.

suman BRONZE said...
on Feb. 25 2015 at 1:16 am
suman BRONZE, Karaikal, Other

Love the way you are and also that you are born this way

I am a big potter fan, cried thrice in this part.It is not so easy to accept d end whn u have believed it all to be true for so long.

on Nov. 7 2014 at 7:29 pm
TheEmcee55 SILVER, Sisters Oregon, Oregon

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

When I read this book I did not cry... but maybe that was because I have already read it a total of 18 times since it came out! I love this book! It never gets old! =D

on Oct. 7 2013 at 11:22 am
MahnoorR BRONZE, Jhelum, Other

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"When the well is empty, we know the worth of water."
-William Shakespeare

Brilliantly written review! I'm a huge Potterhead, and this made me love it even more! :))  

on May. 28 2013 at 6:37 pm
writingriver05 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

"Reach for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."

I have to admit that Im a Harry Potter addict. I read the seried twice and watched all the movies TWICE! Bty did you read her other books? AMAZING!

on May. 6 2013 at 4:45 pm
Firefaerie SILVER, Austin, Texas

"Do not pity the dead. pity the living, and above all, those who live without love" - J.K Rowling
"There's always another secret" -Brandon Sanderson

LOVED THE BOOK. i can read it over and over and never get tired of it.  made me cry a lot :P

on Oct. 23 2011 at 10:46 am
pennytime101 BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts
This book was amazing! I love all of the Harry Potter books so much!

ErinBears said...
on Jul. 22 2011 at 12:42 pm
It was so great I did NOTHING for days!

Firebolt said...
on Jun. 14 2011 at 4:36 am
Firebolt, New Delhi, Other

"I don't go looking for trouble,trouble usually finds me!" :P ;) :D

Don't get me started on harry potter now,else I won't stop! :P :D

on Feb. 12 2011 at 3:32 pm
Saphirra BRONZE, Auburn, Pennsylvania

“Falling is just like flying except there’s a more permanent destination.” -Some person on Tumblr

I agree!! I loved that book the best! I just watched the movie and I am suprised and happy at how much they included in the movie and the book! I am so excited for part 2!

on Jan. 7 2011 at 6:19 pm
readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

Sorry if you think otherwise, but these books are SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Twilight (I would've used more "o"s but that would waste space

on Jan. 7 2011 at 6:17 pm

~Jhonen Vasquez

I want to both thank Rowling over and over for writing such good books and strangle her for not writing more!!! :D

Megbaby101 said...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 12:18 pm
Alright so this book was one of the best books Ive ever read.

on Sep. 14 2010 at 1:11 pm
AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

nice review, although Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows is so much more than just a good adventure. It finishes the whole story, and there is so much more behind the breathtaking adventure and epic battle.

S.S.Y. GOLD said...
on Jun. 12 2010 at 10:20 am
S.S.Y. GOLD, Toronto, Other

"After all, tomorrow is another day" -- Scarlett O'Hara

"It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!" -- Romeo

"I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." -- Stephen Leacock

Nice review! I love this book, as I love the other books in the series. It's so sad this is the last book. But all good things have to come to an end.

bokworm SILVER said...
on May. 12 2010 at 7:57 pm
bokworm SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

life is gets easier by what you do not by what you don't

i loved this book good reviw and k.j. rwolling MIGHT write another ......................in TEN years

on Apr. 21 2010 at 12:22 pm
I LOVED this book! It was so awesome! I couldn't believe the ending when you think harry...you know what, and then malfoy's mother saves him...it's really surprising about dumbledore too!

on Apr. 13 2010 at 8:51 pm
sunnyhunny PLATINUM, Litchfield, New Hampshire

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Ghandi

I LOVE THIS BOOK.  I cried my eyes out when... well I don' wanna spoil it for anyone.