Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

February 26, 2024
By Autumn_1432 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Autumn_1432 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“He has to stay.” is one of the many quotes in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This single line is important later in the story, but won’t make any sense until the very end of the book. This book has many twists and turns that give a sense of what the world inside of the book is like. J. K. Rowling, the author of Harry Potter, does a wonderful job of putting the reader into the wizarding world. I have a personal liking for this book, and I think that this book is highly underrated in the Harry Potter series. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves the Harry Potter series as it is a lovely book to read: it expands the already intended plot of the books so far, it gives the characters a chance to build relationships, this book introduces new characters which brings a whole new level of challenges.
  One of the best things about this book is how J. K. Rowling was able to make the plot greatly more dense. This book picks up where the last book left off and starts building off of what is already there. It makes the plot look so much different, yet with this much new story to sift through, there are bound to be new challenges and problems. Most of the problems last for chapters on end, yet some wouldn’t be resolved till the next book or the end of Order of the Phoenix. This book starts to put the characters to the test of their friendships and relationships.
  All this new time with the characters is building up tension with other characters. Now that the characters have grown up, therefore they are now realizing what relationships really are. They are also realizing how everyone is acting differently to situations and destruction. This causes more problems, so it puts everyone's patience to the test. Their patience starts to run low which leads to even more problems. These problems keep building on each other till someone has to deal with them. All these problems have to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is all the new characters.
With the addition of new characters, there also come new dynamics in the story. This means we learn more about the world they live in, but find new twists and turns that the main characters have to go down. This may lead to things they never wanted to happen, which builds on the tension that is already there. Also, the addition of new characters leads to new drama between them and all the rest of the characters. One thing a character may say could change the entire story, or what we know. This creates a new level of even more drama, which can lead to everything we know about this world being completely false. Now with this level of twists, we have to expect the unexpected.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix gives a whole new level of story to the series and lots of new drama to add to the already dense story. It exposes more detail with every moment that it's hard to stop reading or put the book down. Every detail may lead to more problems that seem unsolvable for the time being. Time spent with the characters has an impact on the story I thought I knew. This book may have many pages and may leave you with more questions than answers, but it will be well worth it in the end.