Last Shot by John Feinstein | Teen Ink

Last Shot by John Feinstein MAG

By Ryan Zurbay BRONZE, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Ryan Zurbay BRONZE, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

Last Shot: A Final Four ­Mystery is a thriller about Stevie and Susan, two 14-year-olds who win an essay contest and are invited to be student ­reporters during the NCAA Final Four basketball tournament. Winning the contest is an opportunity of a lifetime, but what they overhear while covering the tournament could ­impact the outcome of the games – and their trip.

This book is suspenseful yet humorous, and author John ­Feinstein does a great job ­keeping the reader guessing. I especially enjoyed the novel because it relates to sports, a passion of mine. Feinstein makes you believe that the story is actually true, rather than fiction, by using real NCAA teams and their coaches.

The story is very well written; I would definitely like to read another book by Feinstein. I highly recommend Last Shot to anyone who loves mystery with a little humor, especially if you love sports. However, you will need to read the book to find out if Stevie and Susan solve the mystery!

twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”

omg i love this book and all the rest too!