Bronxwood - Tyrell | Teen Ink

Bronxwood - Tyrell

By Cashmoneyyy.Q SILVER, Sacramento, California
Cashmoneyyy.Q SILVER, Sacramento, California

You can't change the past but you can change the future by making choices in the present

Bronxwood. The City Of Struggles. Love will break you and show the truth about someone. Trust will get you fucked up and show you who’s really there for you. Facing your struggle will make you a man. Facing your fears will level you up like a video game. African American struggling with father not being home. Making the right decisions may sometimes put you in the wrong.

African American teenager trying be on his own living his life and provide for his mom but at the same time struggling to help his brother. Father is coming  home but Tyrell doesn't seem so happy about it because he knows what he is gonna face when his dad is gets home. Tyrell isn't looking forward what's gonna happen when his dad gets to bronxwood but he lets it happen and in the end he makes some changes. Steps up, tries to be his own man and start fresh.

Tyrell is a lot like most of these young adult African Americans in Sacramento. For example with his dad not being home, not being able to provide for his family and not being there physically. And as a African in Sacramento I can say I relate because as kid my dad was not there for me and my mom. I can also relate to Tyrells situation with trusting people for example putting trust into females and friends that you thought you was close with.

This is a book I suggest to young African Americans because i'm pretty sure that most of them would relate to it expectly young adults that live in the “Hood” it is definitely relatable and to me it is realistic. I can say after reading this and going through kinda what Tyrell went through dont trust, stay to yourself, and focus on your future.