Want to Meet a Cute Book? Try Meet Cute! | Teen Ink

Want to Meet a Cute Book? Try Meet Cute!

October 23, 2018
By TheSweetiKiwi BRONZE, Grafton Ma, Massachusetts
TheSweetiKiwi BRONZE, Grafton Ma, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If a hug represented how much I loved you, I would hold you in my arms forever."
-Mandy Hampton


I absolutely LOVE fast paced love stories. Do you? If the answer is yes, I couldn't recommend any book more than Meet Cute. It’s a novel filled with many short stories, all about teens and their love life.


My personal favorite out of all of them, was the first. Siege Etiquette is the story of  Hailey, a popular teen drama queen, and Wolf, a tall boy who lives on farm for most of the year. I think the two of them make a splendiferous couple. A lot of people seem to dislike this story because it’s in a second person view, but I personally think this makes the story great. (It's so hard to find second person viewed stories, they're like little gems to me). Another reason I absolutely adore this story in particular is how much the author focused on always explaining in depth how the characters feel at every moment. I feel like some authors graze over doing this, but when authors do this, in my opinion, it truly makes the story ten times better.


My other favorite story was the forth, Click, a cute love story about a dating app. I enjoyed this one as well because it was a big emotional roller coaster, and I love emotional rollercoasters. The character's point of view you read from has recently gone through a huge struggle, and is trying to figure out what to make of it all. I think the way the author wound this story together was wonderful. I think this because of her writing style. Her style is so smooth, and always draws you in, and just like anyone else, I love a good story to draw me in.


In my opinion, the book is amazing because it allows you to jump into so many people's lives, getting to see and understand how they function in situations of love.


The many authors of the anthology Meet Cute are Jennifer L. Armentrout, Dhonielle Clayton, Katie Cotugno, Jocelyn Davies, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Nina LaCour, Emery Lord, Katharine McGee, Kass Morgan, Julie Murphy, Meredith Russo, Sara Shepard, Nicola Yoon, and Ibi Zoboi. All are amazingly talented authors who I highly suggest looking into.


If you enjoy the books To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, Anna and the French Kiss, or FanGirl, then I think you'd love this novel. I enjoyed the characters and the fast pace, and I think you will too.


The author's comments:

Short Story Lovers Unite!