Creepypasta | Teen Ink

Creepypasta

June 8, 2016
By ImaginaryColors BRONZE, Gloversville, New York
ImaginaryColors BRONZE, Gloversville, New York
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
With stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
He thrusts his fist against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts."


If you’re looking for the frightening edge of a thrilling story, the feeling of adrenaline coursing through your veins as it gives you a sense of euphoria, and the paranoia of seeing an otherworldly creature gazing back at you from a dark hallway, then this is the website for you. Creepypasta is a website composed of millions of short horror stories that are bound to make their reader stay up at night. Along with millions of stories, there are millions of authors, and millions of preferences. All stories are broken down into categories and tags, such as “Dreams & Madness” and “Based on a True Story.” There’s something for everyone (as long as your not too squeamish to horror)!

From the short story “The Tollman” that’s about a man who unconsciously murders those who come close to his tollbooth to the story “What I Forgot” about someone left behind to face an oncoming storm, there are many different stories with just about every concept you could think of. However, all of these imaginative stories all come from the site’s avid readers themselves. That’s right; anyone at any time can submit their own story in hopes that it gets accepted into the website for the whole world to see! People can rate your stories, comment on your work, and all converse on what part of the story scared them the most! One interesting feature of the website are the little Jack-O’-Lanterns that resemble the story’s ‘spookiness level’ (a representation of stars/hearts). The more pumpkins a story has, the better it is!

There can be multiple series that you may stumble upon in your gruesome binge reading. One of the most popular series is “Candle Cove,” an eight part series that surround an eerie kid’s television show of the 1970’s. The show seems happy-go-lucky most of all, but held creepy undertones that weren’t quite taken seriously until the season finale. With phrases like “You Have…To Go…INSIDE…” and an antagonist that wore the flesh of humans, it all leads up to the final episode, with the entire puppet cast screaming their heads off. Not too bad right? Well, supposedly, the kids who ‘saw’ the show were said to have been staring at a static screen for 20 minutes (as claimed by the parents). There are so many stories this website has to offer, with “Candle Cove” just breaking the surface. So come in, look around, and make yourself at home in this little place of spooks and scares, but be warned, try not to stay up too late!


The author's comments:

The picture I made for this article is named Distress, but I had to submit it seprately.