Droid Mini by Motorola | Teen Ink

Droid Mini by Motorola

October 1, 2014
By trevklug SILVER, Hemet, California
trevklug SILVER, Hemet, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Droid Mini is a perfect example of insane amounts of power in a small amount of space. I picked one of these up today, and I feel that it is worthy of a review that will delve into it’s capabilities and hardware. The Mini boasts a multitude of overly powered components, and a sleek design and UI.


    First off, we’re starting with the inside of the phone. This wolf in sheeps clothing comes packed with a 1.7Ghz dual core processor, and a 400 Mhz quad-core GPU to match it. It also comes with a little over 2 GB of RAM. Just for sake of competition, the brand new iPhone 6 only has half of that, at 1 Gb of RAM. Did I mention the Mini was released last year? It comes with 4 sensors, an Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, and Barometer.

    Next, we have some of the not-so-outer but not-so-inner components. The camera carries 10 MP, which is great for a phone of its price. To go with it it has a 2 MP front-facing camera. It also records in stunning 1080i HD, so you can capture every laugh and every smile with absolute sharpness. You can watch what you capture on a stunning 720P HD display, with a pixel density of 342 ppi, so good luck trying to see those tiny pixels!

    And now for what seems like all people care about nowadays, the actual feel and look of the device. This is all, of course, my opinion. It has an extremely sleek look and feel. The back of the phone is composed of tightly woven kevlar, so I’d like to think it can take a bullet. It has an extremely heavy duty feel, but it’s also light weight, which is incredible to me.

    Overall, the Droid Mini exceeds in power even the latest raved about smartphone, the iPhone 6, with a small, sleek design. I recommend this phone to anyone seeking a compact, powerful, and durable smartphone, living up to being, “a pocket computer.”