Kanye West's The Yeezus Tour | Teen Ink

Kanye West's The Yeezus Tour

By Jacecreativewriting BRONZE, Tenafly, New Jersey
Jacecreativewriting BRONZE, Tenafly, New Jersey

The controversial rapper Kanye West has brought back his Yeezus Tour for a second set of stops across the globe. I can tell you first hand this is a can’t-miss event. If you know Kanye West, then you are probably are already aware of how… um… unique he is. What you probably are unaware of is how unique and extraordinary the special effects and costumes are on his Yeezus tour. The concert starts out with masked girls entering and out of nowhere Kanye pops out wearing a mask, a diamond mask. It looks like something your little sister bedazzled, but at the same time it brings a certain presence to the concert. It lets you know out of the gate that this is going to be a unique and exciting experience.
After you get used to the fact that Kanye West is wearing a mask he surprises you again. This time it is less shocking and more amazing. When he breaks into the song Coldest Winter it starts to snow on and around the stage. It really sets the mood of the song and makes for amazing photographs on your Instagram page.
A few minutes after the winter effect the performance transcends into a dramatic weather change. The mountain in the back of the stage, which you thought was there just for show, explodes into a volcano. Fire literally starts flaring onto the stage in bursts. All this is happening during the dramatic performance of Blood on the Leaves. This really gets energy going in the crowd again after the softer songs. It You can literally feel the heat, it gets your heart pumping and pulls you back into the concert.
One complaint that I have about the concert was the twenty minute rant that Kanye went on. Eventually people stopped caring about what he was saying and actually started yelling at him. He finally got back to the music and made an amazing recovery, but not without leaving us bored of being preached to by Yeezus.
If you are still stuck on the fact that Kanye is wearing a mask this whole time don’t worry, you do eventually see Kanye’s face. This way you know it isn’t Kim Kardashian performing. A man depicting Jesus takes off his mask for the last half of the show. It is one of the most dramatic scenes that I have ever witnessed in person, and I’m not even Christian. The Jesus man then walks off the stage and the amazing performance continues.
What everyone is probably wondering about most is the music. Your looking for which songs he is going to play. The answer is honestly, most of his hits. He does almost every one of his hit songs including but not limited to hits from the albums The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808s and Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and of coarse Yeezus. A few of my personal favorites that he preformed were Dark Fantasy, stronger, All Falls Down, and Mercy.
Overall the Yeezus Tour truly is a unique and unforgettable experience. I encourage any fan of music to listen to some good old Kanye, and then go experience the concert for yourself, you won't regret it.

The amazing experience I had at the Kanye West concert inspired me to share my thoughts with others to help them make an informed decision about whether they would like to attend one of his shows or not.