Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare | Teen Ink

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

The gaming world has just gotten a lot more exciting. From the people who brought you the WWII first-person shooter games, Activision has come up with a new way to fight. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare places you in present day combat situation. The graphics, controls and more importantly, the new weapons make the game a part of your life. You will not be able to resist this game once you have played it; you will want to play it over and over again.

Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, Call of Duty 4 invites you to fight alongside British S.A.S and U.S Marine troops. Call of Duty 4 on the new generation consoles such as the Xbox 360 or the PS3 give the game amazingly realistic graphics and sounds. Amazing style, shadowing of characters, camouflage, and texture to the characters makes you feel like its more the game, placing you in control, as you have to fight terrorist threats in hot spots around the world. The new controls will take little time to get used to. It is very easy to remember what each of the buttons does, each button corresponding to a different action. Call of Duty 4 is a first-person shooter game that means that you see what you would actually see in a real life combat situation. The most important thing that the new Call of Duty introduces though, are the new weapons. In the previous Call of Duty games you have been playing in the past; well now, the past is over and it is all about the present day, heavy firepower guns that really get the player drawn into this addicting game. Infinity Ward introduced new guns in a Call of Duty game such as laser claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW light machine guns. The introductions of these new weapons create new gaming styles. Also, Call of Duty 4 has become a multiplayer, online game. Playing with friends, family, or relatives gives you just another thing to brag about as you show them how good you are by constantly beating them.

Although Call of Duty has become one of the most popular games out right now, I do feel that it has some setbacks. The lacks of missions in the campaign mode make it a game that can be finished in about a week or two. When playing online the lack of updates can start to bore the person playing the game. Call of Duty 4 should be getting routine updates to create a more fun-playing environment. They should also be making sure that people that cheat called hackers and glitchers should not be playing this game because it ruins it for all the other players.

All in all, I think this game is a great purchase. It has already been out for several months now and its popularity is not decreasing. I think that this is a very intense and amusing game. When considering its price, although you might think it is a bit high, it is actually a very good deal if you decide to purchase this game for either the PS3 or the Xbox 360.