Two and a Half Men | Teen Ink

Two and a Half Men

Do you think your family is messed up? Well try imagining yourself in the Harper family. “Two and a Half Men” is a delightful sitcom about two brothers, Allen and Charlie, and Allen’s son, Jake who live together. Two and a Half men comes on Monday-Friday at 7:30 p.m. on channel fox 56. “Two and a Half Men” is a great show because of the entertaining plots, hilarious characters, and good writing.
The plot usually evolves around family issues such as Allen and his ex-wife Judith{ Marian Hinkle} fighting over how to raise their son Jake{Angus T. Jones}. For example, in one episode Judith and Allen were fighting about whether or not Jake should be allowed to go to his grandma’s house. “He’s going to grandma’s house,” said Allen. “No he is not,” said Judith. “Why not?” ask Allen. “Look at how you turned out,” replies Judith. The always entertaining, and funny plot will be sure to capture your attention.

The hilarious characters are reason enough to watch the show. The characters keep the laughs coming with the nannies sarcastic comments and Charlie’s irresponsible, childish behavior. The older brother, Allen, is played by Jon Cryer and the younger brother, Charlie, is played by Charlie Sheen. The chemistry of the actors is great. You can sympathize greatly with Allen because of his divorce settlement, and how he is always being taken advantage of. If all of those characters aren’t funny enough there is Charlie and Allen’s overbearing, self-centered mother. In one episode, she even asked a widower at a funeral “ Is that your fabulous Rolls Royce in the parking lot?” The characters are also very believable.
The writing is also good. The dialogue fits the characters perfectly. The conversations held between characters are hilarious. Such as, “Now remember you are a remodel for my kid,” said Judith. “Now that’s a great idea,” replies Charlie sarcastically. The situations between the characters are just funny. The writing quality was very good.
The overall message of the show is how difficult family can be especially when you are trying to balance raising a kid with your ex. So whether it is the comical characters, amusing plot, or excellent writing that gets your attention you will love this show! So don’t miss another episode! Tune in everyday for “Two and a Half Men.”