The Office | Teen Ink

The Office

November 20, 2007
By Anonymous

“Merry Christmas!”…Actually, it’s not Christmas, but it feels like it every Thursday at 9p.m. on NBC because we get the wonderful present of a new episode of “The Office”. This knock-off of the British sitcom, also called The Office, stars the self-proclaimed “world’s best boss”, Michael Scott (Steve Carell) as the Regional Manager of Dunder-Mifflin Paper Supply Company. “The Office” is the best sitcom running on TV, because it has a sensational crew of characters, it is constantly hilarious, and the issues they experience week after week are always unique.
Although Carell is the big name on the set, the show wouldn’t be anything without the exceptional ensemble that works under him. Dwight (Rainn Wilson), Jim (John Krasinski), Pam (Jenna Fischer), and Ryan (B.J. Novak) are just a few of the workers that put up with Michael’s shenanigans every day. In one episode, Michael gets upset because he finds out that he can’t send inappropriate forward e-mails anymore.
Along with the super crew, the originality of the plot makes it fun to watch and quite unpredictable. While most of the action occurs in the office, sometimes the gang ventures around the city of Scranton, PA. That is where Dunder-Mifflin is located. As a matter of fact, in one episode, Michael wants to be one with nature, so he takes only a roll of duct tape, a knife, and his camcorder into the Pennsylvania forest. With something new every week, it truly is a treat to watch.
While we give the actors the credit for the show’s success, the writers deserve a large portion of that credit. The material they come up with is second to none. From the jokes that are said on the show, like the famous, “that’s what she said.” to an occasional song. In one episode, Dwight makes fun of Ryan for starting a fire by making a song. Who would have thought that such a randomly funny show be such a hit? The way the characters interact, it’s almost like its real, except for the part when they talk into the camera. As Michael put it, “We’re like Friends, I’m Chandler and Joey, Pam is Rachel, and Dwight is Kramer.”
With the Emmy Award winning cast, “The Office” is far ahead of the pack. I would strongly recommend watching it. It’s original and sometimes cruel comedy makes you fall out of your seat laughing. So, don’t forget to tune in on Thursday to see what will happen next.