The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air | Teen Ink

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

November 20, 2007
By Anonymous

“In west Philadelphia born and raised…I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said, ‘You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air.’” The Fresh Prince of Bel-air appears on television every night on Nick @ Nite from 11:00-11:30 and from 11:30-12:00. The Fresh Prince of Bel-air goes above and beyond all sitcom expectations, with its ingenious storyline, timeless characters, and its imaginative writers
This show’s ingenious storyline catches your attention from the start of the theme song. From the beginning of the show you see that Will gets himself and others into awkward situations. There was a recent episode in which Will buys a car without telling “Uncle Phil” or “Aunt Viv”. It turns out he didn’t buy insurance and gets in a wreck with “Uncle Phil’s” protégé.
The timeless characters make this shoe shine. As you watch the show you will see how the characters develop as the series goes on. You will see how Will and Carlton start to understand each other and become friends. They start from such different backgrounds that they dislike each other from the start. The acting also sticks out with its great lead actor (Will Smith) and even better supporting cast. Will uses his voice, a perfect blend of “gangsta” and smooth talk, to argue with his cousins, aunt and uncle, and his sarcastic butler.
The imaginative writing is what truly puts this show ahead of the game. In one episode Will and Carlton get in a fight about a girl. Carlton “wins” the girl. So in turn Will puts super glue in Carlton’s hair gel. Then Carlton confronts Will about the hair gel and girl issue. They get in a fist fight which Carlton wins with his elbows. Shortly there after they realize they were both wrong and apologize.
With its ingenious storyline, timeless characters, and imaginative writers, The Fresh Prince of Bel-air truly stands out from the crowd. It’s so entertaining and filled with real-life problems that make this show a must see. I would highly suggest Nick @ Nite continue to re-sign this show year after year.